Maca is a medicinal plant from the Peruvian and Bolivian Andes with numerous properties for the whole body, presumably used for more than 2500 to 5000 years for different aspects of health, especially to enhance fertility, as sexual invigorating, energizing and even modern superfood. Known as Peruvian ginseng, it strengthens the immune system, reduces oxidative stress and increases energy and vitality in general. To know how and where to acquire it, how to take it, its various presentations, all the advantages and disadvantages, price and everything you need to know before you start taking Maca, all the information below.
Where does maca come from?
Maca is a tuber cultivated in the high plateaus of Peru and Bolivia, at altitudes from 2700 to 4300 meters above sea level, under extreme climatic conditions. It was discovered in the Andean mountain range more than two centuries ago. Known by its scientific names Lepidium peruvianum and Lepidium meyenii, this plant was used by the Peruvian aborigines and shamans of the Inca tribes for its sexual stimulating powers, aphrodisiacs and on fertility in general.
Particular interest in the effects of maca on fertility began when Inca farmers noticed that after feeding their cattle with maca roots the number of their offspring increased, and the cattle became stronger and healthier in general. Since the 1980s, this interest spread to science and humans seeking to increase their chances of conception, as well as improve their energy levels, health, and sexual performance.
The interest to know more about Maca Bio and take advantage of all the benefits it can bring to health has increased considerably in recent years, leading to studies and optimization of extraction processes that ensure the use of its qualities going from being just a superfood for the nutritional aspect, to have therapeutic purposes and promoters of quality of life in a comprehensive manner.
Maca Bio is a powerful and completely natural sexual stimulant, and over time it has been discovered that it increases libido considerably through the release of brain substances, and without the need to cause effects in the blood vessels that may lead to complex and unpleasant systemic adverse effects.
Where to buy Maca Bio?
Nowadays and due to all the important characteristics that have been discovered about it, Organic Maca is easily available without prescription in pharmacies, herbalist’s shops, organic food shops, as well as online, and in the presentation that best suits each need.
The different types of Maca:
According to the group of colors of its roots, maca is divided into three basic types: roots ranging from white to yellow become yellow maca powder (60% of the annual harvest); roots ranging from pink to purple become red maca powder (25% of the annual harvest); and roots covering the entire range of gray go to black Maca (15% of the annual harvest, the rarest and also the most powerful).
According to the maca color of these three main groups, although they share many formidable qualities, they differ in certain areas of health in which they exert their greatest effect. Each group is then its most relevant properties and characteristics:
Black Maca: also known as “natural viagra”, black maca is considered the most potent when it comes to increasing libido or sexual appetite, increasing sperm volume, motility and sperm count in men by optimizing their fertility, and stimulating a healthy hormonal balance. Other properties attributed to it are the improvement of concentration and learning capacity; reduction of stress, fatigue and depression; improvement of resistance, strength and bone density; strengthening of the immune system preventing common infections and positive effects on mood and insomnia.
Red Maca: the most outstanding aspect of this variety of maca is its antioxidant capacity. It produces significant changes in hormonal stabilization, and increases sexual desire in women. It also has other notable effects such as decreased levels of stress and depressive symptoms, improved bone density, strength and endurance, prevention of prostate cancer.
Yellow Maca: This is the easiest to find, commonly consumed, nutritious and economical. It is especially used by women, because it contributes in a special way to their general hormonal balance, decreases the symptoms of menopause, and increases libido and fertility in premenopausal women. It improves the mood of both sexes equally, and increases energy levels considerably.
The advantages of this plant:
- It is highly nutritious, source of amino acids, fatty acids, rich in vitamins (B1, B2, C and E); and minerals (iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, bismuth, potassium, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium, sulfur, sodium, silicon, iron and tin). All these components give it the quality of a powerful energetic reconstituent.
- It combats anemia and chronic fatigue; it increases the production of red blood cells.
- Increases levels of physical and mental endurance.
- Influences through mediating substances on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, regulating hormonal release. This results in sexual stimulating effects for both sexes (increases libido), as well as improving fertility (including increasing the count and mobility of sperm in men, by black maca).
- It has potent antioxidant and antitumor effects.
- It improves the capacity of concentration, learning and memory.
- Reduces symptoms before and during menstruation in women.
- Optimises the function of the pancreas, thus helping to prevent and regulate diabetes and cholesterol alterations.
- It is an effective stimulant, so it can be used as an alternative to caffeine without the harmful side effects of it, such as agitation or nervousness.
- It increases bone density, reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- It strengthens the immune system by its antioxidant capacities, preventing the appearance of infections.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Relieves uncomfortable symptoms associated with menopause in women, such as “hot flashes”, mood swings, headaches, weakness or fatigue.
- Reduces levels of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Stimulates the formation of muscle mass and muscle function in general.
- It has considerable amounts of Omega 3, an effective cardioprotective, helping to prevent cardiovascular disease in general.
- Promotes a general feeling of well-being and tends to emotional balance.
- It has a protective and preventive effect against ultraviolet rays and therefore sunburn.
The disadvantages of this plant:
The disadvantages that can occur with the consumption of maca are more related to excessive intake or that exceeds the daily requirements, than to the properties of the plant. Some of these adverse effects may be:
- Because of its high fiber content, excessive consumption can cause gas, diarrhea or inflammation of the abdomen.
- Because of its stimulating and energizing qualities, overeating can lead to insomnia or difficulty falling asleep.
- Due to its high alkaloid content, its consumption is not recommended in pregnant or lactating women.
- It contains sodium, so hypertensive people can suffer elevations of blood pressure if they drink too much.
ECOLOGICAL ANDEAN MACA: The best organic maca on the market
MACA ANDINA ECOLÓGICA is a certified product with the highest quality standards that guarantee that the concentrated extract of maca roots is being ingested, and that all its true goodness and benefits are being received.
Due to its process of extracting the concentrate directly from the natural roots, MACA ANDINA ECOLOGICA is the best option for those who want to consume the product in the most natural and pure way on the market.
Presentation: comes in capsules of 120 mg, in boxes containing from 60 to 120 capsules.
- It is an extract concentrated directly from the roots of maca, so its properties are intact and unaltered.
- Because it is natural and without chemical additives, it is a vegan product suitable for the consumption of the most demanding.
- It is known as the “Peruvian ginseng” with considerable beneficial properties similar to those of the Chinese ancestral plant, energizers, aphrodisiacs and revitalizers in general.
- It increases considerably the libido in women and men through effects on neurotransmitters (transmitters at cerebral level), without causing collateral effects that can alter the quality of life…
- It acts as a natural hormone regulator, which helps to reduce the symptoms of both menopause and irregular or painful menstrual cycles.
- In men, it boosts fertility, increasing sperm count and motility.
- It improves metabolism, preventing diabetes and cholesterol alterations.
- Stimulates a state of well-being, decreasing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Optimizes concentration, memory and learning capacity.
- It is a powerful energizer, with revitalizing properties that improve endurance. It can even be used as an alternative to caffeine without causing the effects of excessive agitation that the latter can produce.
- Prevents osteoporosis and other conditions that lead to decreased bone density or muscle strength.
- Bottle of 60 capsules: 18.50 euros (0.30 euros per capsule).
- Bottle of 120 capsules: 24.90 euros (0.20 euros per capsule).
- Pack of three bottles + one free of 120 capsules: 74.70 euros (0.15 euros per capsule).
All you need to know about Maca Bio: How to stimulate your nights?
As a potentiator and stimulant of sexual desire, maca stands out with its aphrodisiac properties. Black maca is also known as “natural viagra” because of its amazing qualities in the sexual sphere. The amount and manner of taking it varies depending on factors such as background, general health, age and even physical build of the user.
To use it in this way, the dosage can vary from 1 gram to 2 grams a day depending on the use you want to give it. The most common stoma two to four capsules a day, at least for 30 days, to start seeing results in intimacy.
Characteristics of the product:
- Its presentation is in capsules of 500 mg, with a recommended initial dose of 2 to 3 capsules per day, but may be greater to tolerance and user demand.
- It does not receive irradiation, nor are counterproductive chemical procedures carried out in its elaboration.
- They do not contain BPA.
- They are extracts concentrated directly from the root of maca, vegetable and organic.
- They do not contain lactose.
- It has BIO certification, concentrated extract 4:1 (organic macatonic).
- It has antioxidant, revitalizing and energizing properties thanks to its high content of all groups of nutrients (proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fats, electrolytes).
- Acts as a natural hormone stabilizer, being useful for women (in menopause, menstruation, polycystic ovary syndrome), as well as for men (virility and vitality).
- It is a potent and totally natural aphrodisiac, increasing sexual desire in men and women alike.
- It boosts male fertility, improving mobility and increasing the number of spermatozoa.
- Prevents osteoporosis, diabetes, cholesterol alterations.
- Improves mood and defenses.
- Helps to maintain a healthy emotional balance.
How can I be sure of the quality of the product?
The ORGANIC ANDEAN MACA is certified BIO, which makes it the most natural and unaltered. Its presentation does not go through irradiation or other processes that adulterate the final product too much, trying to keep the initial properties as genuine as possible.
Its quality is guaranteed by certificate of analysis, and rigorous controls that guarantee its authenticity and effectiveness.
Instructions for use:
For greater effectiveness, maca can be taken from 2 to 4 capsules a day, depending on the user’s tolerance and need, progressively increasing from the lowest dose to the one that produces satisfactory results.
Although it is difficult to take too much maca to produce adverse reactions, it is best not to exceed the consumption to avoid overeating, and move the last intake away from bedtime at night, as maca stimulates the central nervous system and can cause insomnia if taken in excess.
Although there are still no clear limitations to define its use for specific periods of time, studies show that the greatest benefits of maca are obtained by doing prolonged treatments (3 to 6 months of continuous intake, on average), resting for approximately one to two weeks to resume.